rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girls with handguns

Girls with handguns

Quote: (11-12-2014 04:41 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Quote: (11-12-2014 04:30 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

I'm gonna be different on this one since I am a Texan. Over here most of us view that as a good thing. In fact, I hold a view that not knowing what a gun being fired feels, looks, and smells like is more dangerous when living in a house that contains a handgun (like your own). Everyone needs to know what that experience is like for the reason that, a gun is not a toy and that the power is real. Think of it like a scared straight kind of thing. Kids and people see guns on TV, but that is nothing like the real life experience. Also, in the US I would not feel safe without one and I would never hold it against any woman that had one.

I want my wife to learn more about how to use a gun so that if I am not at home and someone tries to get in there, she can defend herself more effectively. She doesn't like them, but 911 is not a "Tactical Reality" (a CQC term). You will be dead while on hold. America is more dangerous than most are willing to admit. You could not pay me to live in anti handgun places like New York. Only the bad people with nothing to lose have guns. Fuck that. In a lot of ways China is safer than the US. You are more likely to be killed by accidents and gun crime is almost non-existent. Same with Singapore, etc.

My Southern/Louisianian culture and upbringing teaches responsible gun use and hunting, so until everyone else's gun is rounded up and taken, I will keep mine, and everyone in the house will learn how to use them. There is a risk with every option, so I choose not to be a victim.

I agree with what you wrote here, but teaching a wife to use a handgun is a bit different than dating a girl who already owns handguns. I've never met a single gun collecting woman and if I suddenly did I'd be skeptical.

However, I have run into attention whores who pull the same kind of crap with the gun enthusiast crowd that "gamer grrls" do with the video game crowd.

Gun collecting is suspicious. Having a self defense handgun, 1 or a few clay shooting shotguns, and a few hunting rifles is not collecting. Guns are just tools. Different tools for different jobs. If you have guys and gals with 5 different ARs with rails, sights, tac gear out the ass, or even an LMG like some guys I know, then yeah that is a bit much.

I have a cousin who was a championship level crackshot clay shooter and she had a variety of shotguns for that stuff, but she's never had a handgun.

How is a wife different than one that already has a gun? If the end result makes sense to have one (especially for self defense reasons), what difference does it make?

I have met countless girls in Texas that carry little .22 or .380's in their purses. You would never know it but if you tried something seriously violent, they would pop you. Because they got their conceal carry license and know how to handle it, they were very responsible with them.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread