rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On the Market for a new computer: MacBook versions?

On the Market for a new computer: MacBook versions?

Quote: (11-17-2016 02:53 PM)Rawmeo Wrote:  

Somehow, the marketing people at Apple were able to convince the masses that Mac is good for graphic design, and specialized tasks. What they failed to say is that Photoshop (Windows) and GIMP (Linux) do the job equally well, provided that you have a good quality calibrated monitor. Gotta give credit to Mac, they have a stable OS, but still not worth the hype.

I used to have the same opinion that Apple was just marketing.

I used to use Windows as my primary work PC. I do audio work and a windows pc will NEVER be as reliable as an Apple. That shit will stop working at the worst possible moment. They are not reliable at all, and more vulnerable to all kinds of malware.

They do the same, but windows shit will break, stop working and give you more headaches than any Apple, hardware and software-wise. Also, use a windows pc for 6 months and it won't be as fast as the first day.

Quote: (11-18-2016 06:52 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

People who use Macs for graphic design use primarily Adobe software which is also on Windows. People that use Macs for music recording primarily use Avid Protools which is also on Windows.

I use Protools and I have it on both platforms, yet if I can choose I will choose the apple stuff always. When you're creating you want to think as little as possible, you can do that on the apple but windows is more prone to crashing, and stuff that will fuck up your creativity.

This is just my experience. I do own a windows machine bc at first I didn't have money for a mac, but soon as I did i made the change. Also, some software that just isn't available yet for mac.

Messages In This Thread