rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you found a wallet full of cash, would you return it?

If you found a wallet full of cash, would you return it?

I remember that years ago, a guy who worked at the airport in one of brazillian cities found 10.000 euros in a wallet. He was a toilet cleaner and he returned the wallet to the airport security team and it was latter given to the owner of it. I remember that my nephew was proper mad at him, ''what an idiot, finds 10.000 euros and gives it back''.

I just saw another story on youtube where a taxi driver finds 300.000 dollars worth of cash and he returns it to the owner. His taxi company compensated him with 1000 dollars (1000 dollars you know).

One time I was on the train going home and I looked under the seat I was sitting and I found a wallet that had 200 euros plus 100 pounds. The guy also left his documents. I thought fuck it, I am keeping the money. But because his driving license had his address on it and I understand the stress of getting another license, I returned his driving license and his other documents but I kept the money. My other friend was trying to convince me to send the money back, I was like ''fuck outta here, If he found my money, I am damn sure he wouldn't give it back''.

Now If I see someone dropping his wallet, I would let him know that he just dropped his wallet, I did this several times before. I remember one time this lady was withdrawing cash and she took her card and left the 50 pounds on the atm that she just withdrew, I called her and told her that she forgot her money on the atm, the woman behind me was super impressed and said ''you are a honest guy''.

However, my policy totally changes when I find the money in the streets, public transport or any other pubic place. If I lose a wallet full of cash, I assume that is gone for good, If I find in the streets, I don't care if the address of the owner is there, I am not returning it, unless the money is insubstantial for me.

I have never robbed from another human being and probably never will. However when comes to this I don't think I will change my attitude.

What about yourself? Would you return it?

Messages In This Thread