rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Expat Poll - Do you plan on moving back?

Expat Poll - Do you plan on moving back?

Quote: (10-01-2016 04:51 PM)YMD Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2014 03:40 PM)DaveR Wrote:  

There are middle-ground countries which do compete in many areas. The Czechs compete with Germany in auto and mass transit engineering these days. Tallinn, Novosibirsk and St. Petersburg are good places to develop IT products. Singapore and HK are very strong in the funds management business.

The West is rich because it managed to drive productivity in all areas of the economy, but that isn't as important in today's globalised market. You don't necessarily have to develop your product in the market where your customers are.

Hello DaveR. I wish you still remember this posting.
I'm considering moving from Australia to another country for meeting people from different parts of the world (particularly women).
I'm working as a programmer, wondering if you would tell me a little more details about Tallinn, Novosibirsk and St. Petersburg.

thread-57341.html

These places already have a lot of programmers and local wages are low compared to those of western markets. For that reason, they're good places to develop products, but I wouldn't recommend moving there as an employee. You'll be at a strong disadvantage due to language and legal status (you'll need work permission as you're not a citizen).

Messages In This Thread