rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Scaling Business and technical equipments.

Scaling Business and technical equipments.

Things are fine, and thanks for asking, I appreciate that. I am about to get my hands on 160GB SATA HDD, Western Digital, model WD1600HLFS; all 233 of them at a price of $11 a piece. This stuff goes for nothing less than $50 on ebay. Most of the HDD will go into building refurbished computers i want to sell in Ghana, Africa(a new deal i just got.)

You are bloody right; face to face is definitely better with regards to negotiations. Not just in getting cheaper deals, but also in selling the finished products. For example, this Ghana, Africa new deal i just got was done through face to face negotiation through contacts, handshakes, football(soccer) discussion, and over eating a spicy Ghanaians food called waakye. I can eat any food from any continent, and any country on this planet. my stomach is steel. The human connection cannot be done on ebay or amazon. You need that interpersonal connection to close deals with egyptians or ghanaian or pakistanis etc. This new ghana deal is going to be massive, bulk sales: i am talking $6,000 at a clip. The fact is, i cannot move that much volume over ebay or amazon in such a short period of time. Nothing beats networking. Also, i cold-called like a motherfucker. I believe i can cold-called barack obama to sell you air force one! Hahaha. okay, maybe i am exaggerating a little there with regards to air force one.

When you think about it, it is all application of game principles, really. That is all there is to it.

The 16 battery charger is what i am looking for. However, if you have any other ideas, let me know. I had to give major props to ms224 for helping find it. +1 rep to him for that. I was surprised.

The 10 hours and labour cost covers everything. everything. including the wrapping, cleaning, removing stickers, and sometimes the repainting of the computers(sanding, priming, topcoat, etc.) cottonswab, rustoleum, pexi bond glue, etc. I cannot go into all that detail right now-- it will be too long. I will do a detailed, exhaustive datasheet later because you want to cover everything, even small things like repairing chips and dents on your computer. To dealing with jackarse customers on ebay vs amazon.

That was just a back of the envelope micro-datasheet to specifically address DJ-Matt questions.

regards,

Nemencine

Quote: (08-14-2014 09:51 AM)Engineer Wrote:  

Awesome side business! Any updates??? Agree on the face to face networking bringing fatter margins than online, you can use negotiating tactics that simply aren't available in an online auction.

Regarding the mass battery charging issue, have you found any satisfactory solution? Is the 16 channel box good for multiple battery interfaces, or just a single type? I have some ideas and will gladly share if it's still an issue.

Lastly, are you considering the 10 hours to sort through OS's at $10/hour your only labor expense? How about the time to pack/label/ship/go to the store for bubble wrap, etc?

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

Messages In This Thread