rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved

Quote: (06-09-2014 12:29 AM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2014 11:53 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

There is a very good chance individual humans are programmed to die. It may be the case that it is impossible to defeat aging.

Humans, yes, however nanotechnology and the merger of man with machine will likely enable the reversal of ageing/immortality.

Let's not forget about the potential for the expansion of human intelligence also, Limitless style (through the aid of machines - e.g. nanobots in our brain). If we've reached the point where age reversal/immortality becomes a reality, then this is also highly probable.

This is an interesting chart from Ray Kurzweil. You can see at the "one human brain" point in 2029 where he predicts that a computer will pass the Turing Test.

Who cares if computers are fast. They still can't get a computer to think for itself.

And the idea we can "upload our consciousness" seems ridiculous considering no one understands how the brain works.

Ray Kurzweil has been making insane predictions for a long time, and none of them have come true.

I read his "Singularity is Near" back in 2007, and he predicted by 2011 everyone would be walking around with little Google Glass type devices. So far it's 2014 and Google Glass is probably another 5 years away.

All of this futurism stuff is escapism from human nature and will be forgotten once civil war breaks out.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread