rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The PUA paradox

The PUA paradox

Quote: (06-06-2014 02:05 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

The overall supply of sex offered by women is slightly down because of several factors, the most important of which is the possibility of fulfilling sexual needs through attention whoring (i.e. rampant sluttiness that doesn't eventually result in penetration).

At the same time, because women are getting more and more hypergamous (because of being more and more insulated from the consequences of their choices), this dwindling supply of sex is being distributed more and more unevenly. Extensive number-crunching from the study mentioned above has resulted in the conclusion that the top 2.6% of men get 29% of all sex, the top 5.5% of men get 40% of all sex, and the top 28% of men gets a staggering 78% of sex. The other 22% of sex is distributed among the thirsty masses of the remaining 72% betas.

Also, the percentages of sex that these top groups of men get are constantly increasing; 10 years ago, the same study found the top 2.6% got 25% of sex, not 29%. 30 years ago (no data though, just speculating), it might have been as low as 15%, with all other percentages proportionally lower too. Inequality is skyrocketing.

Results: the average guy (i.e. not a guy with fame, amazing game and/or model looks) is finding it harder than ever to get laid, whereas guys with one or more of those have it easier than ever. The overall quality of women has gone down as well, but the top guys are not feeling it that much because they can still cherry-pick the best ones; again it's the average man that gets squeezed badly.

As a result of this, the game I learned and used to get solid results several years ago (what I call the "confident nice guy") has stopped working almost completely and I had to transition into darker areas like "asshole game". The sad fact is that, while game is absolutely mandatory for any guy that doesn't want to be slaughtered in today's sexual marketplace and thus the only rational choice is to learn it, the level of game required is increasing so rapidly that it might be completely out of reach for many men.

It's a shame to hear that these same trends are happening in Croatia. I had the perhaps mistaken impression that the Slavic countries weren't going through this sea change.

It's good to have the numeric breakdown of what's happening. And props to Basilransom for crunching those numbers. We all had a feeling that this is what was happening, but now we've got the statistical evidence to back it up. This information really needs to get into the mainstream eye. Because a lot of people think like the OP. That EVERYONE is having sex. That college is a big fuckfest and the average person these days has dozen upon dozens of sex partners before settling down.

I'm sure a thorough and comprehensive sex survey would reveal that the number of men with 100+ partners is going up while the number of incels is also going up.

Quote: (06-06-2014 12:56 PM)ddjembe mutombo Wrote:  

What we forget is women have the leverage before sex, and men gain the leverage after sex. A decent looking girl can use her body to tease a man into getting what she wants. Once a girl gives up her body to a man then she loses the majority of her leverage.

How can girls get what they want without having to go the route of using their bodies as leverage? Social media. Girls don't have to date guys to hear how cute they are anymore. All they have to do is upload a selfie on instagram. Social media is providing a constant stream of validation to women that they would previously have obtained through men whom are actively pursuing a physical relationship with them.

Why would a girl want to sit on some random guy (that will probably nut in a minute) for validation when all they have to do is log on to Facebook?

Okay, well this is what we have to do as guys. We need to stop hitting "like" on girl's FB photos. Stop telling them they are hot(I'm speaking guys collectively, not anyone here in particular). Ignore their Instagram accounts. I think we need to get the word out and men have to come to a consensus to stop giving women attention online. You can add them to your social network, but then ignore their updates unless they post something truly interesting. We all know who the attention whores are on FB, they are the ones with endless stream of selfies. Ignore them. Next time a photo pops of her on girls night out taking selfies at the club, don't comment, don't hit the like button.

Messages In This Thread