rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Rio Area To Live In?

Best Rio Area To Live In?

Yes, another Brazil thread. My apologies [Image: smile.gif] I did a search and didn't find any specific info on this but I'm sure it's out there.

Anyway I'm currently looking for a room / apartment in Rio using Easyquatro.com.br and Craigslist for a few weeks time and wondered if anyone could shed any insight as to the best area to live in for our needs?

I know a lot of people on the forum have spent considerable time in Rio. I've been looking at Ipanema mainly as I heard Copa is a lot more shady (especially at night) but it seems a fair way away from Lapa / Centro etc. Is the nightlife in Ipanema any good or where is most of it based?

I am guessing Rio is very spread out like Sao Paulo and have no idea how good the public transport is.... I'm likely to be going out to Lapa on Fridays etc and don't want to spend hours crossing the city or anything.

Would somewhere like Botafogo be a good option because it's more central and I can just get the bus to Ipanema or Copa when I want to go to the beach?

If anyone can give me some details about their preferred location and why that would greatly help with my search!

Thanks,

Messages In This Thread