rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang Japan: Game in The Great Nippon Empire

Bang Japan: Game in The Great Nippon Empire

Quote: (02-16-2014 10:21 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2014 10:14 PM)memcpy Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

So what do you propose is the fastest way?

Living here helps. I think studying what you like is the fastest way. I study Nanpa blogs, and funny comedians. When it comes to studying, you are what you study. If you study some boring textbooks, then you will sound like a boring textbook. Study nanpa blogs + j-comedians = good japanese for gaming.

Truthfully I've watched a couple of anime here and there(recommendations from a friend), but I don't have knowledge of any kanji or anything yet. I'm going to take classes as an incoming college student so is there a way to get started right now?

My recommendation to anyone starting out is to learn kanji first. Fuck hiragana and katana. Kanji is the biggest key to understanding Japanese. The reason is that when you learn a new word, you'll understand the meaning and nuance more and you'll retain it better. When you don't know the kanji, you just have to memorize words and hope they stick. Furthermore, kanji allow you to understand words you've never seen before even if you don't know how to pronounce them.

I busted my ass and blew through Heisig 1 and 3 in six weeks and then just watched movies and read books and stuff. I wouldn't personally recommend anime or manga, but as long as it's in Japanese I imagine it'll help you. Using this system I passed the JLPT1 after just over a year in Japan and a total of about two years study. Kanji is the key. I imagine with hard work you could be fluent in Japanese before you even get on the plane.

@memcpy. Any recommendations for good Nanpa blogs? I've read a handful, but I don't know that many.

Messages In This Thread