rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On the importance of leg day

On the importance of leg day

Quote: (01-23-2014 06:39 AM)Horus Wrote:  

In my opinion, if you're working out with the sole intention of getting girls, you're getting it all wrong. I realise that everyone has different goals and reasons for working out. However for me, I chose to get strong as a goal in itself - not to get pussy, not to gain confidence.... just to get strong. The result is that I am stronger, get more pussy and have a lot more confidence. My goal is to be strong all-round, and that includes lots of deadlifts and squats, but of course also includes bench press, shoulder press, weighted dips, cleans and pullups. If you can bench press more than you can squat like some guys at my gym, I think there's something wrong there.

I spent 6 years of my life working out with the sole intention of athleticism/strength - didnt work out all for looks, only for functionality. Once I dropped the rugby I dropped the leg day and got to do 33% extra work on my upper body, and also to focus more on certain muscles for looks than function.

I much prefer the upper body exercise / bodybuilding focused workout. It gets me more attention from women, more respect from guys, and to be honest I enjoy doing it more. Functionally, it makes no negative difference to my life - being able to squat 2x my bodyweight was absolutely useless on a day to day basis outside of sports.

Basically, if you're playing a sport at a decent level I think you absolutely, 100% need to do leg day, its mandatory. But if you're working out for aesthetics/yourself/girls (like 90% of guys on here) its a waste of time that could be better spent on your upper body.

Messages In This Thread