rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice Needed: Leave it all behind?

Advice Needed: Leave it all behind?

Here are the problems with going abroad.

1. Technical. The implant I need has recently been upgraded. Let's call it version 2.0 The difference is that the device can now recognize if I'm standing, sitting or in bed and adjust itself accordingly. I need version 2.0 which has only been on the market for one year. It is only available in the US.

2. Travel. I have never traveled to SE Asia or Latin America and don't know anyone there. I'm not afraid of going by myself but I don't like the idea of being alone in the hospital post-surgery.

I did go to a hospital in EE. One doctor who spoke limited English told me, "Your brains are falling out." They told me I needed to take vitamins and then stuck a syringe full of "vitamins" in my ass cheek. My friend who was translating laughed his ass off! In the end all of the EE doctors told me to return to the US.

Quote:samsamsam Wrote:

1) How soon do you need to have the surgery? Is it urgent?

Not urgent or life-threatening.

2) How badly impacted are you by this condition?

Had to quit two jobs and cut a vacation short within the last year. I had to relocate to the other side of US for medical care. Left all my social circles, etc.

3) It seems like you have some wits and ambition - could you take your current resources and grow them so that the 100K wouldn't be so bad? Thanks to RVF I stumbled across Fastlane Millionaire. Is it the greatest book ever, no. Did I know a lot of it already, yes. But I still learned some things from it and it is broken up into 5 to 10 page chapters. Enough to read while taking a crap. My point? It gave me some food for thought on developing the right type of internet business. You want to make money, reach as many people as you can and offer them some value. It may be a no brainer - but it sometimes when you see it in print - it really lands.

Currently reading Think and Grow Rich and The Intelligent Investor.

4) Consider the international option for surgery?

Yes. I'm keeping an open mind.

5) Here is a stretch - but can you use some of your skills to barter down some of the costs? I imagine these are hospitals we are dealing with and not necessarily a single practitioner

Yes, this is what one friend (also MBA) suggested. He fell down on some ice a couple years ago and broke his wrist. The surgery was about $20k but since he had limited funds he setup long-term payment plan. The billing department called him a few months later and offered a $10k lump sum settlement which he took.

Quote:Enigma Wrote:

However, I'd like to point out the difference between integrity and letting people fuck you over.

0:40 - 1:10 is exactly how I feel.

That said I'm not going to die and I'm not Denzel Washington's son.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Messages In This Thread