rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If You Could Visit Any Time Period In History, What Would It Be?

If You Could Visit Any Time Period In History, What Would It Be?

Quote: (07-02-2013 12:04 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Quote: (07-02-2013 01:25 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2013 04:18 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  

@speakeasy: Interesting view.

Just out of curiosity, as I am developing a series of posts on Christianity, but what are your thoughts on Jesus & Christianity?

I am currently writing a piece about Tolstoy's Ivan Ilyich for the forum, but that is a prelude to thoughts on Christianity.

Any ideas/thoughts/etc?

From what I've read there have been many Jesus-like legends that predated Jesus. Stories of a son of God being born from a virgin. Jesus wasn't the first person this was attributed to. Here is a link to peruse if you are interested in the topic:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

After reading that site, I really had to question whether a Jesus of Nazareth existed.

Thanks for sharing that article. I just read the whole thing. I've been an atheist all my life. You just supplied me with more argument ammo [Image: smile.gif]

Hate to burst your bubble, but Jesus was real and it's pretty much indisputable. He is mentioned by both Christians, Jews, and Romans independently of each other.

Quote:Quote:

Since the 18th century a number of quests for the historical Jesus have taken place, and historical critical methods for studying the historicity of Jesus have been developed. Various Christian and non-Christian sources are used to study and establish the historicity of Jesus, e.g. Jewish sources such as Josephus, and Roman sources such as Tacitus. These sources are compared and contrasted to Christian sources such as the Pauline Letters and the Synoptic Gospels to determine the historicity of Jesus. These sources are usually independent of each other (e.g. Jewish sources do not draw upon Roman sources), and similarities and differences between them are used in the authentication process

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_Jesus

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread