rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The No-Shampoo Challenge

The No-Shampoo Challenge

Quote: (06-07-2013 04:36 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

I'm about 4 or 5 weeks in.

Decided to quit shampoo because my hair always looked like shit. My hair is (or was, when I quit) very oily.

The first few days were hell: all I could think about was washing my hair asap. I also got really bad dandruff, which was not encouraging at all to keep going. Still, I haven't given in.

My regimen is washing my hair everyday with water, preferably cold.

A few days in, my hair and scalp started feeling very dirty and block-ish, as I have curly hair. I tried used baking soda. It kind of worked, felt cleaner, but the dandruff continued.

Days later I used ACV. Same result.

Yesterday I tried Kosko's coconut oil recipe mentioned above. Seems like I had much less flaking today. It's still very early to see if it will be better with the oil, but I'll keep you informed. Also gonna experiment with not washing it all for a few days to see what happens.
So far I've tried:
- baking soda
- ACV
- coconut oil
- not washing hair at all, even with water

The best look is when I use coconut oil.

However, my dandruff problem still persists. It sucks having to make sure none of it is on your shoulders and I'm getting tired of seeing no improvement.

I don't want to go back to regular shampoo and I think it is quite clear by now that hair can (and most likely will) look better without shampoo, but what "natural" suggestion do you have to treat Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

Messages In This Thread