rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Benefits of a Droney Government job to lifestyle

Benefits of a Droney Government job to lifestyle

Quote: (03-05-2013 12:14 PM)Mr.Barbarian Wrote:  

Anyone have ideas for good gigs in state government? I'm in there and would love to land someplace better, but since I already have time in here it would be ideal for it to be at the state level.

All depends on what State are you talking about. Some States like NY and NJ have very strong Civil Service protection and benefits that rival or exceed those of the federal goverment. Also, its easier to get hired none of that resume/panel interview/polygraph bullshit. You take a test and get a lists number. Once your number gets reached, you are hired outside of some statutory disqualifiers. There are literally 100' s of job titles in State and below govt.

If you are a licensed trademan (electrician, plubmer, etc) NYC has what they call "prevaling wage"rules which means the State has to pay you what your peers makes in private industry. So, you'll gets all of the benefits of private industry and none of the downsides(job security, pension, unlimited overtime). Thats what Charlie Sheen calls WINNING!!

For my NY players there is this newspaper called "The Chief " which basically has every test in State, City and County govt in the NY Tri State Area. Take as many test as you can regardless if you are interested in the job or not. Once you have your foot in the door you can tranfer laterally elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread