rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Benefits of a Droney Government job to lifestyle

Benefits of a Droney Government job to lifestyle

Quote: (03-04-2013 11:36 PM)pros80 Wrote:  

40 hours a week and $150-$200K a year???? wow. But it looks like your experience adds up to 22 years so you must have paid your dues.

I lucked out. I was hired right out of college by a big company in Pittsburgh, PA. I then came to the DC area...moved to the Philly area and then back to the DC area. Still, it was those 14 years in the private sector that helped me because government-related work is slower paced, so doing work to impress government folks is much easier and less stressful.

I made my career moves for money. I never bought into the "pick a college major that you will like so you will have a job that you will like" mumbo-jumbo. If the job does not include playing golf...only to come back a sip rum-punches with some naked local chick in your shower....THEN IT IS WORK. My goal is to make all job/career moves to make the best money I can...so I can use that money for travel. As most DC guys (who travel) say..."you practice with the DC chicks and then go kill it somewhere else".

Messages In This Thread