rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Benefits of a Droney Government job to lifestyle

Benefits of a Droney Government job to lifestyle

Quote: (03-04-2013 09:53 PM)Celtic Wrote:  

As a government drone, I can tell you there is one huge benefit to government work- Leave. The government has generous leave packages and if you can be disciplined about saving your vacation days, You can take 2-3 week vacations pretty easily. That's about the time to give yourself a good shot on picking up a flag.

I would be careful about any position with too high a level of security clearance though. From what I have heard, traveling a lot and especially close connections with foreigners (read: sex) can cause you to lose your clearance.

You are required to disclose any future travel with your security dept. They will tell you whether or not there is a problem. I was going to Lebanon a few years back, and there wasn't a problem. China is a different story.

@HC- I was going to apply to an electronics job with the embassy way back. The reason I held off was the chance of being stuck in shitholes for the first couple tours due to my background. That came from a GS-15. At the time I was trying to get the fuck out of Iraq, and didn't see the point of going through the bureaucratic bullshit just to be right back, for lower pay. The benefits would have been pimp though.

Messages In This Thread