rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rhetoric: A Lost Art?

Rhetoric: A Lost Art?

In today's world of 140 character limits, facebook notifications and news flashes, we become sorely devoid of one aspect of speech which has both enlightened us and entertained us for centuries prior.

Rhetoric is becoming a lost art, due to the fact that most people these days are only focused on making something more brief and concise, and avoiding rhetorical tangents.

However, rhetoric, used in the correct setting, can be utilized in all sorts of ways. Hell, most of the red-pill community uses rhetoric daily in their attempts with women and they don't even realize. It goes beyond "body language and posture" when speaking. The words you speak are important also, and even if you speak fluff, making it sound nice and having an ulterior motive with the conversation can be had without the other person knowing.

How do you think salespeople and politicians are so conniving and devious, while also being so successful?

To all of you who think rhetoric is just for Cicero and Lincoln, read http://www.amazon.com/Thank-You-Arguing-...307341445.

I read it over the summer and I have to say, it really widened my perspective on speech. Having a mastery of speech is truly an art form, much like picking up women, but here the purposes are multifaceted. Read it and be enlightened on all of the figures of speech you've used to manipulate decisions without even realizing.

With great rhetoric comes great power. How do you think Obama crooned the masses after this election? His Inaugural Speech worked like a charm.

Messages In This Thread