rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Paging Canadian RVFers - Poutine!

Paging Canadian RVFers - Poutine!

Quote: (12-30-2012 03:16 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Interesting you brought that up and now I remember your from that area. That's probably the best relation I can think of for a local favorite that is widely eaten but still commercialized heavily. I ate Chili at "Skyline's" when I was in the area. I had it on a hot dog, the "3 ways?" I think it was, and I tried the spaghetti....I honestly did not like it. Shit was way to salty for my Canadian pallet. The Spaghetti was alright but the Cincy Chilli to me was just a spiced up meat sauce.

But just like anybody traveling to MTL will hit up La Banquise, rest assured if your in Cincinnati you will be making at least one trip to Skyline.

No doubt.

I was just talking to el mechanico yesterday about Skyline, there's a lot of Cincinnati snowbirds living in Clearwater, so somebody set up a few Skyline franchises down in Florida. Personally I enjoy it, but I accept that chili spaghetti is probably never going to get big outside of Cincinnati.

By the way, three way = spaghetti, chili, and cheese. Four way = spaghetti, chili with beans, and cheese. Five way = spaghetti, chili with beans, onions, and cheese.

Cheese coneys usually go like this - hot dog on a bun with chili (no beans), fresh diced onion, mustard, and grated cheddar cheese.

We also have a popular dish here called goetta. Basically it was a staple of the local German population - pin cut oats mixed with ground pork and various spices. Usually eaten at breakfast. 90% of goetta sold in the United States is for the Cincinnati market.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Messages In This Thread