rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Supreme Court won't hear appeal from student hit with $675,000 music downloading fine

Supreme Court won't hear appeal from student hit with 5,000 music downloading fine

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/2...ading_fine

Quote:Quote:

The Supreme Court refused Monday to hear an appeal from a Boston University student who was slapped with a $675,000 penalty for illegally downloading 31 songs and sharing them on the internet.

Joel Tenenbaum was sued in 2007 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) after Sony BMG, Warner Brothers and other record labels accused him of copyright infringement for sharing songs like Aerosmith's "Pink" and Eminem's "My Name Is" on a peer-to-peer network.
Tenenbaum was fined $675,000, but in 2009, a federal judge in Boston downgraded the penalty to just $67,500, deeming the original fine "unconstitutionally excessive."

Following pleas for further leniency from Tenenbaum and indignant filings from the RIAA, a federal appeals court revisited the ruling last year and reinstated the $675,000 judgment against Tenenbaum, a graduate student in his late twenties pursuing a physics PhD at Boston University.

Hope you guys haven't been downloading any songs recently...

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread