rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

hundredpushups

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-10-2012 07:22 PM)hypesession Wrote:  

uhhh. in my opinion any person who trains regularly doing pushups should be able to knock out a hundred in two minutes.

pushups by themselves are generally a test of muscle endurance rather than strength and power because youre only using your own body weight so the more you can do is like a stamina thing.. but you can combine them with some weights and they'll lean you out. but doing a hundred at a time is far from impossible.

and all this talk about form is just rhetoric. hands about shoulder width apart. keep your back straight and go down until your elbows are at 90 degrees or your chest taps the ground or whatever and bring it back up.

cmon yall.

I think the 90 degrees things is where people tend to have some discrepencies. People thinking they are going all the way to the full 90, but actually stopping somewhere around 80-89, which for me is much, much easier. Kind if like how some people don't go all the way down when doing pullups and consider it the same exercise as fully extending your arms.

I don't particularly care about the number of reps because I tend to get better results by doing a smaller number by using the entire range of motion.

Messages In This Thread