rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa

Quote: (03-19-2017 12:32 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

I happened to hear Tim Ferris speak today. He was pretty good.

I found it intriguing that he is still single. He brought his dog with him, which seems quite weird. Until this, I had never known of any man who has a joined-at-the-hip relationship with a pet.

It was a Q&A which went on for about two and a half hours. The audience asked, and he answered. Some of the questions were quite stupid, while others were pretty intelligent.

I asked him if he didn't live in America, where would he live. I mentioned that America is a Titanic looking for an iceberg. He seemed to think my opinion about America was because I didn't like Trump. I was woefully disappointed when he answered Canada. He also mentioned Tony Robbins a few times, which was also quite disappointing.

Is he just a slick marketer or is there actually substance there?

I suspect that Tim is pretty red pilled. He is outgoing and is a natural salesman and marketer, which is what really helped him grow his brand and network and wealth to what they are today. He's hinted in past blog posts and articles and podcasts that he has been quite active in having been with women, and (this is just my speculation) he is probably a Trump supporter or is at least not a Trump hater, which is huge considering the Silicon Valley circles he travels around in (he was mum about anything politics during the whole election, though that could have been because he didn't want to hurt his brand with any crowd considering the timing of his latest book launch).

Ferris sprouts so much random information that it's hard to keep track of, but there's definitely good stuff there. He has lots of specific recommendations for things like books, apps, tools, food and drink, etc. that are all worth looking into, though not everything will click with you. Regarding some of his stories of his travels and adventures, they're probably exaggerated a bit, but still entertaining and worth thinking about. As for his "experiments" regarding his health and body, I'd be more wary of those, but they still make for good reading and exploring.

Messages In This Thread