Roosh V Forum
The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa (/thread-1203.html)

Pages: 1 2

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - thegmanifesto - 10-20-2009

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307465...ive=380601

A must read for up an coming G's who need to get their paper Game straight.

From Tim Ferris' site:

"This new version includes all of the updates and additions that I’ve wanted to make for the last 2.5 years, including more than 50 case studies from readers, as well as 100+ pages of new content. Many of the “tools and tricks” resources have been completely revised to reflect testing with newer and better technologies."

And of course read this:

Top Ten ways to Make Money in a Down Economy

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2008/08/top...-down.html

- MPM

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - gringoed - 10-22-2009

I'm looking forward to this. 4HWW changed my life.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - speakeasy - 10-22-2009

Quote: (10-22-2009 05:02 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

4HWW changed my life.

In what way would you say?

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - gringoed - 10-22-2009

[/quote]

before: I was on the path to becoming the bald guy in the red porsche convertible. aka. just another dude with money
[Image: idea.gif]
now: I have mini-retirements and an overall international/mobile lifestyle in my near future and I couldnt be more excited.

After reading, I changed my priorities in my business from making lots of money to making consistent money without working.

*highly recommend reading*

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - thegmanifesto - 10-22-2009

Quote: (10-22-2009 07:36 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

before: I was on the path to becoming the bald guy in the red porsche convertible. aka. just another dude with money
[Image: idea.gif]
now: I have mini-retirements and an overall international/mobile lifestyle in my near future and I couldnt be more excited.

After reading, I changed my priorities in my business from making lots of money to making consistent money without working.

*highly recommend reading*
[/quote]

Good work gringoed.

Real estate?

or Tech?

or what?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

real estate.

Tim Ferriss has a great system for working less. I personally find tech to be way more labor-intensive because of how fast technology and the online marketplace evolves and innovation is hard to outsource.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Lumiere - 10-22-2009

Yeah I read that book when I was living in Buenos Aires in 2008. I had been mini-retired for a year already by then so it chimed in with a lot of stuff that I had already done and a lifestyle that I was already living.

Loved the "bald guy in the red porsche" quote. Yeah, you really don't wanna be that guy.

If you are interested in 4HWW then google for material on self sovereignty.

Then reason that I was already living that lifestyle is that in 2006 I became a self sovereign.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Lumiere - 10-22-2009

Interesting link

http://www.cocovivo.com

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - thegmanifesto - 05-12-2010

"Just started reading the book and so far I'm not buying this. "

What part aren't you buying?

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - hydrogonian - 05-12-2010

This book is a required read, imo, for everyone on this board, if for nothing but the resources. In a lot of ways, its more like a crib sheet of a very good researcher than anything else.

You may not find all of it useful, but you'd be making a big mistake not to invest the $12 for what it contains. That $12 may save you a ton of time money and strategy mistakes for a person trying to automate income. Its a very low risk investment.

I dont know what there is 'not to buy'. Its really just a a modern direct marketing manual, mixed with lessons on life perspective and income strategy, and an inexpensive on at that. If there was a better up-to-date direct marketing implementation or resource manual, I'd buy it. Please suggest it here.

You get out of it what you put into it. Of course, your not going to follow steps 1-3 and then be working four hours per week. There is a lot of creativity that you need to have to fill in the blanks, as the nature of any specific product market doesn't allow for a true step by step manual to making huge profits. Such a manual would eliminate profits due to increased competition. But if you can fill in the blanks yourself, its a great guide, imo.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - thegmanifesto - 05-12-2010

hydrogonian,

Great points.

I really think it is even worth a read simply to know what is going on out there.

lavinci - The "four hour" part is just a catchy title.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - AlphaQup2nite - 05-14-2010

Thanks guys for the idea. Reading through it now, and this guy is putting pratical ideas towards the feelings ive been having for my whole life about the whole fucked up showing up or being productive at work and other ideas. Lots of stuff i could put into use.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - gringoed - 05-14-2010

I was on the phone yesterday with a lawyer in the US and when I told him I was on an extended stay in Argentina, he asked me if I've heard of Tim Ferriss. LOL.

This shit is getting around, rightfully so.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - kingkong - 05-16-2010

The book is mostly full of shit. He slaved like a dog for years building a super shady snake oil businesses and made some cash. With said (dirty) cash in his pocket he then tries to pretend you can email some people in India to build a company for you and work minimally. He also makes some bullshit claims about how easy it is to learn languages and how he speaks a bunch of them.

The useful take away points would have made a nice three page essay, rather than a book: keep global cost arbitrage opportunities in mind, keep an eye out for useful software, don't cloud your head with information overload, take long vacations, don't confuse work with productivity. I think that's about it, and it's all been said better elsewhere.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Biz - 05-16-2010

Quote: (05-16-2010 03:32 PM)kingkong Wrote:  

The book is mostly full of shit. He slaved like a dog for years building a super shady snake oil businesses and made some cash. With said (dirty) cash in his pocket he then tries to pretend you can email some people in India to build a company for you and work minimally. He also makes some bullshit claims about how easy it is to learn languages and how he speaks a bunch of them.

The useful take away points would have made a nice three page essay, rather than a book: keep global cost arbitrage opportunities in mind, keep an eye out for useful software, don't cloud your head with information overload, take long vacations, don't confuse work with productivity. I think that's about it, and it's all been said better elsewhere.

Please dude that was a bullshit reply, if you dont respect that book, tim and the info he provides there is something wrong with you

That being said, I honestly think that if you don't respect that book you should NOT be on a forum like this...I for one think that book and a forum like this goes hand in hand.

Jus sayen..

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - hydrogonian - 05-16-2010

No offense, but the book contains a lot more useful information than above described. Thats an inaccurate summary, to say the least. Nowhere does he claim that a company in India will build a business for you.

Also, you would need to define 'snake oil' business specifically. If your talking about his supplement business, then I guess it depends on your perspective. Personally, I believe that all vitamins and supplements are absolute bullshit, beyond short term stimulating action. But I defend the right of people to buy them and sell them, as long as the claims of what they do arent too far over the top. Hell, cereal makers claim every health benefit that they can get away with, such as "lowers your cholesterol, prevents heart disease" etc...which is all 110% bullshit. But no one calls them snake oil salesman. People have the right to buy and eat cereal, and to be dumb enough to buy whatever they want. To me, the cereal makers are worse offenders than ferris's Brain Quicken, because the cereal makers falsely claim that their product will change your health for the better. Ferris's product only claims to give you a mental edge.

In any case, vitriol against the book isn't uncommon. But most of the time, a full understanding of the book isn't demonstrated when its levied. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. Again, no offense intended.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - kingkong - 05-16-2010

Quote:Quote:

if you dont respect that book, tim and the info he provides there is something wrong with you

If you can't peg him as a huckster with a knack for self promotion to the credulous, you're not very bright or experienced.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - hydrogonian - 05-17-2010

Not being "very bright or experienced" is often demonstrated with intellectually dishonest tactics such as:

a) ad hominem attacks
b) claims that lack sufficient argument to back them up
c) and false correlations, combined with ad hominem attacks, such as if ' you dont agree with me, than you must be 'negative characteristic #1', 'negative characteristic #2', and 'negative characteristic #3'

I'm bright, experienced, and have read and reread that book thoroughly, and I don't agree with you. But I wouldn't call you 'not bright', as that would ironically be an unintelligent way to argue my point. I would simply argue that you likely don't understand the book, for whatever reason.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Vacancier Permanent - 05-18-2010

Getting back to the original topic, I've read this book twice, first when the original version came out 2-3 years ago, then I bought the revised version as well. I'm implementing some of the stuff Tim talks about. I've already have some VA's doing a bunch of stuff for me, one very talented graphic designer in the UK is creating killer ad designs for my full page magazine ads, and I'm going to get a couple of nice looking websites built for me, all for a fraction of the cost of what it'd cost me if I were to do it here. Love the book and I'm slowly living the 4 hour work week system![Image: banana.gif]

Another book in the same category is Your Portable Empire, How to Make Money Anywhere While Doing What You Love, by Pat O'Bryan. Bought this book yesterday and it's simply brillant! Anyone else has read that book? Any other books in the same category as these 2 that you guys would suggest/recommend?

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - OSL - 05-20-2010

There are some books by this guy Brett Tate that are basically about him traveling the world and banging tons of girls and doing shady business deals.

I think they are called:

-The Hedonist
-High Heels and Dirty Deals

Something like that. I read the second one and it is really funny, makes me want to become a gangster.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Biz - 05-20-2010

Tim Ferriss Scam! Practical Tactics for Dealing with Haters

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/201...th-haters/

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - manilaguy - 02-05-2011

I share this opinion. Tim Ferris is a sham, although I admit, he is the best scam artist this generation has seen. His business is making you believe in his business. Very subtle.

I like the video at the bottom. I find insights into Tim Ferris's daily habits/life particularly invaluable.

Zenhabits (#1 all time blog) Leo Baubuta and Tim Ferris are actually good friends (no surprise there), but their life perspectives are quite different. Leo is more on acceptance of your reality, Tim is straight well.. 4 hour work week type thinking.

I think the lifestyle design community (including us here in roosh) also have to consider the topic of contentment, of curbing the desire of a lifestyle, as a means to achieve the perfect lifestyle. If that makes sense to you we got something going here.

Two Masters, Two Perspectives. (ignore the old lady and the gay guy)

Zen and the Art of Life Management

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - velkrum - 08-22-2011

I have the audio book of 4 hour work week...and......nothing special, just a few time saving tips and some suggestions for outsourcing, the rest is typical motivation blah blah speak.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - Spike - 08-22-2011

I read somewhere that Tim still works a insane amount of hours per week. Now mostly self promoting. I must say that his blog got really boring in the last year. Not many articles inspire me or are worth to read.
Truth be told, he inspired me to travel the world a few years ago.
Haven't read his new book, the 4 hour body. Just browsed through it. Looked very boring with lots of statisical info and scientific mumbo jumbo.

I'll read the new 4Hww version and read the 4H body when i'm home. Won't buy them but get them from the library. I'm sure theres info in there that i can use.

The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pa - OSL - 08-22-2011

Four Hour Chef:

http://www.4hourlife.com/2011/08/16/the-...ew-bisque/