rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Terrorists hold 13 hostages in Sydney chocolate Shop

Terrorists hold 13 hostages in Sydney chocolate Shop

Quote: (12-15-2014 09:30 AM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

Quote: (12-15-2014 09:22 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

I just heard the ABC say again he has 40 sexual assault charges currently pending that he was in court for last week. He is also currently on bail for accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. They also said he had a really bad time in prison involving "excrement", I'm assuming from other inmates...

This guy might've felt he had nothing to lose considering his rap sheet.

For fucks sake, does refugee status automatically give you diplomatic immunity? Can refugees get away with anything?
I'm trying to imagine a situation where I could do those things in Germany and not get deported.

I was thinking that too, he came here on "political asylum" 18 years ago, so by now he's probably a citizen.

Quote: (12-15-2014 09:41 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Is it 1987 when Saddam was dropping bombs on Iran? On what grounds can a Irannian seek assylum on the grounds of refugee status in this modern day? This dude isn't from broken Somalia. This isn't the UK who will let anybody with a pulse in.

The man is of at least a resident. I am not 100% familair with Australia intake laws but it would seem they would model Canada and likely be even more stringent.

The fact he is Irannian makes me suspicious.

I was thinking that too. Australia is a very strict country to get into, which is why immigration here on the whole has worked so well compared to almost all other Western countries. This man has been a political activist here, perhaps he was back in Iran too, and a Sunni activist in a Shi'a country at that. Still, if that's the case it should've been Jordan (which houses millions of Sunni Palestinian refugees) or Pakistan (which houses millions of Afghans) etc. who ideally should have taken him in. Whatever it was you can't just bullshit your way into Australia like you might be able to in Europe or America.

Messages In This Thread