rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When are the London riots coming to the States?

When are the London riots coming to the States?

Quote: (08-28-2011 05:17 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

LOL No rebuttal as expected. I atleast thought you would try to discredit it in someway shape or form. Its hard to discredit all those statistics and numbers.

Sorry, but you disqualified yourself from being an opponent worthy any significant time investment, mostly because you did not show any respect for my time.

Quote:Quote:

I did explain my opinions. I will share them again for you.
I believe im safer having a personal firearm.

This is not what we are discussing in this thread. We're talking about the effect increased or decreased availability of firearms has on society as a whole. It is NOT about you and how you personally feel. This is why we operate on crime statistics affecting the whole states, and the statistics says that "more available guns" does not mean "less crime"; in fact it means "more crime". This is the point. How you personally feel is irrelevant, the statistics is about 70 million people, and you're just one of them.

I believe banning firearms from law abiding people is pointless and has a negative affect more than a positive affect. AKA you will see a rise in crime if you ban firearms.

This is more meaningful, but now I repeat my question again (and again): how do you explain the fact that FBI violent crime statistics does not support your beliefs? How do you explain the fact that UK murder rate is significantly less than US murder rate?

I dont necessarily feel un-safer without my gun. You can pretty much walk down any street at any hour and not really worry about getting mugged ect. It is a different culture here.

Congratulations! You're showing some understanding. Yes, it is about culture as well, there is no gun culture and people are less inclined to resolve their issues with violence. This is the direct effect of restricting guns, the only thing is that the effect is not immediate, it takes at least a generation to change things.

So do I wish I had my piece here? Sure. I dont like to take chances and HOPE nothing bad happens to me.

So do you feel less secure in Korea than in US?

Messages In This Thread