rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kesha sues Dr. Luke for sexual and emotional abuse

Kesha sues Dr. Luke for sexual and emotional abuse

One thing that doesn't get mentioned:

It's telling that all these so-called powerful female artists are backed by male production/songwriting teams. Top 40 music has become something like a sex show for women, so this arrangement is almost like the producers have become nightclub owners and the singer are their strippers or "music models."

I know that production teams are now behind most commercial music, whether it's rap, country, or Top 40 -- probably one reason it all sounds so homogenous. But this is different than in the '60s when producers like George Martin and Andrew Loog Oldham just oversaw the sound. This is total control of the product -- something most '60s artists would have never allowed.

The Male Svengali/Female Sex Puppet arrangement is something that's starting to come off as (here goes!!) "creepy," but you won't see the feminist media comment on this.

What kind of woman lets herself be controlled by a male "artistic" team for the purposes of success? Probably one with so little talent she couldn't make it on her own. Why has Jezebel or Newsweek not thought to bring this up?

Indie artists like Sharon Van Etten produce themselves. If I was still writing about pop music, I'd write an article mentioning this. Pop writers are so caught up in the hoopla that they don't stop to ask why more female artists aren't going that route. Kesha could easily have done this, since her mother was a veteran songwriter and she grew up "in the industry." The fact that she didn't says something.

Messages In This Thread