rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men of a Certain Age

Men of a Certain Age

Quote: (10-11-2014 11:12 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Its an interesting discussion (/patsownback).

Which countries does age matter least, as far as the difference in the age alone is unimportant (and I'm not talking about a situation where age doesn't matter because money does matter).

I always had the sense that in EE, girls actually wanted older guys. Bulgaria seemed that (Czech Republic, not so much). Also I thought in the Phils that there was some preference for older men for younger women. My gal (Chinese) told me that the ideal age difference is 15 years (we're almost exactly 15 years apart, so perhaps she's gaming me). I think preferring the age difference is a bit of an old fashioned ideal.

What does everyone else think?

In China, ideal age gap is not necessarily cut and dry in a number like 15. For example, Chinese commonly believe that a Chinese girl's perfect age to get married is 20-24 and that the husband should be 27-28. That's what they would call perfect or ideal. That said, after 28 it goes up to 35 to still be acceptable/good for a girl at 20-24. A girl older than 25/26, then no really one cares how old that guy is. Even more so if the guy is a high earner or successful business man. Remember everything is about face in China. Always look for the face angle. In fact, I would say no one cares when famous Chinese guys marry 20 year old girls after a divorce or whatever. In a Chinese person's mind, that person deserves that because of his power/wealth/guanxi. Chinese men actually look down on older guys with birds older than what they should be. If they think you picked well, they will have big smiles and put their hand on your shoulder and give a compliment.

She is probably smart enough to know that age gaps in the West is touchy stuff and is trying to help you feel more comfortable about it. How she knows that? I hope it's not because you fretted over that in front of her somehow. If it is not too late, you need to make sure she understands that you expect a 20 year old girl if you wanted one and that she knows that she can be easily replaced. That is high level game that must be put in from day 1 or asap to keep things in the order expected. Probably do not need that, but it never hurts. Always walk tall like the local men do and demand face in the same way they would expect that.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread