rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Captain Ahab-Year One

Captain Ahab-Year One

Quote: (09-25-2014 10:34 PM)apoclater Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2014 10:27 PM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

Quote: (09-24-2014 05:20 PM)apoclater Wrote:  

Out of curiosity, what made you leave Tampa? I left a couple months ago as well and I don't regret it.

There's a lot of chatter on RVF about why Tampa is a goldmine for women. Tampa women ARE hot, but they're pretty dumb and living in Tampa is a pretty unfulfilling experience if you've lived in another big city with more culture.

I liked Tampa for about three months and then I grew tired of it.

For one, it is still a retirement community, or it largely caters towards that demographic. Concerts tended to have older musicians, the hang outs I went to had older crowds, and most of my friends in Tampa were in their 40s or above. I met some cool cats out there but I needed to be around Generation Y to be happier.

I did get a glimpse of what life is like after 40+ and I am glad to see that the game aint over. My wing man there was an Asian dude three years shy of 50 and he was smashing FSU chicks up to 50 year old catcher's mitts. I'd imagine if I was five years from 50 and I haven't left the USA I'd relocate to Tampa.

There are pockets of youth in North Tampa (USF), South Tampa (South Howard), and Ybor (awesome night life spot, real eclectic mix), but you will get over that fast if you hit the town three nights a week. You run into the same girl a lot in the clubs/bars, and that is in all mentioned areas. There isn't as much club/night life diversity like Miami or Orlando. They do have some nice clubs/bars though (PRANA, CZARS, MacDintons)

And yeah, Tampa is a culturally unfullfilling, but I gave up trying to recreate my Atlanta/New York City intellectual life a long time ago. Most people here think NPR is a drug. The beaches are nice but I got over that a while ago.

Women there, eh, yes, some of them are hot in surprisingly odd areas (I met a lot of really sexy white trash chicks in Clearwater/St. Pete. I never knew that category existed). South Tampa has your "dolled up , 40k a year millionaire blondes." Ybor keeps them young. hipster, and tattooed. I think if you like 5-6s-7-8s then you are good to go. You may catch a 9 but chances are she is on a rich dude's arm at the Blue Martini.

I prefer younger women with a deeper ethnic mix (especially Puerto Rican, Eastern European, and Brazilian), and who are more down to earth so moving to Orlando was a no brainer.

This is pretty spot-on from the three years I was there, I can relate. Biggest thing I also noticed is that South Howard/Ybor nightlife requires a tight social circle game. If you don't know people, good luck breaking in.

Yep, it got pretty annoying trying to make friends there. I tried to break in, especially with the girls, but the other Alpha males weren't having it. Getting cock blocked was routine.

I did have some good times though. I prefer visiting the Bay then living there. I love blondes and Tampa has plenty of that. Gasparillia and Guavaween are must sees, first friday in St. Pete. Nice times.

Messages In This Thread