rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Las Vegas, Summer 2014, Macking On A Moderate Budget Data Sheet

Las Vegas, Summer 2014, Macking On A Moderate Budget Data Sheet

Quote: (07-28-2014 09:35 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I just came back from Vegas. It felt very different than the past few years for some reason. The crowds were a little off versus the previous summers. The large packs of girls busting loose were not as common, they were smaller packs of girls who seemed to crutch on each other. Maybe it was a dead weekend, but Basil mentioned that his weekend seemed off-peak as well, which is certainly not my past experiences. Perhaps because "wedding season" is wrapping up, there are less bachelorette parties but honestly, past summers I've never had this problem.

I don't think I can recommend 2nd tier clubs anymore, they have started letting everyone and the kitchen sink. If you can't or don't want to go to the 1st tier (XS, Hak), I'd go to "1b level" clubs like Surrender and maybe Light (this place isn't that good anymore). Places like 1Oak and Tao were absolutely beat and previously hopping spots were relatively dead.

I'm not sure, everything seems different, I've said it in the other thread I think we only have 2 more years of Vegas as it is currently. Its like when the "hot club" in town starts letting everyone in and then it starts getting lame. Maybe it'll change on my next visit, but it wasn't the same, it had a very "midwest spring break" vibe to it.

I hear you but don't forget that Vegas is on a lot of foreigner's radar screens and it's often a big part of their West Coast tour so I think those people will still keep coming in droves.

When I was at XS and Light earlier this year it seemed that every other girl I opened was foreign (maybe I just target them now?))) including Korean, Japanese, German, English and of course Russians (last group makes sense given that Russia is on vacation the first 10 days of Jan). XS had tons of girls from Canada it seemed (along with tons of Asians). I was there after New Year's though.

It will depend on the club you're at I guess...no doubt that clearly the bulk of the people are from the US. Maybe there are less and less of the LA crowd going given the still fairly shitty economy?

At some point I would think that the continued lack of real full-time job growth combined with wage pressures will start to affect the fly-over people too. Real worry is that we're headed back into recession (if not already there) even despite the government massaging the data....prices are up across the board in the US and everyone is feeling it. That has to continue to affect Vegas a bit, as does the legalization of gaming in certain states. Still, there's nothing like Vegas.

Quote: (07-28-2014 09:54 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

The cheapest/best deal I go to is the Grand Luxe Cafe in the Venetian or Palazzo. Most dishes are cheap (under $15) and decent tasting.

I will second this advice - really love that buffet brunch there and go every time I'm in Vegas. Great food and tons to choose from. It was even better a few years ago when they served fresh-squeezed OJ but last time I went they just had the Tropicana bottled variety [Image: sad.gif]

Also, although I don't like the gaming scene or general vibe at the Venetian or Palazzo (seems way more corporate and older to me at least) the rooms are frigging huge and amazing, esp the suites at the Palazzo. Think I got a room for like $130 per night during the week and felt like I was living in a castle - rooms are huge and even have a 'sunken' living room area when you can chill and watch TV - perfect for after-partying.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Messages In This Thread