rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

OJ Simpson 20th Anniversary & Other Stories You Remember Vividly

OJ Simpson 20th Anniversary & Other Stories You Remember Vividly

I heard on the radio yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the OJ Simpson case. As soon as I heard it I literally flashed back and remembered it like it was yesterday. I remember summer, I was home alone pops was out of town my mom was at a bbq next door and remember was watching a baseball game or something and OJ took over the TV.

Not sure why this story sticks out in my mind so vividly but it really does. Not only the chase but the trial and all the news coverage after the fact. Not taht OJ was a huge historical news story but I do think it was kind of big in that it was kind of the start of the 24/7 tabloid style coverage of n ews stories and the 24/7 media.

The same way you hear your parents or grandparents talk about how they remember exactly where they were when kennedy was shot I can think of a handful of news stories that really stick out in my mind where I can remember every detail.

I would say these are the three.

1. OJ Simpson, was home alone watching baseball and tv got taken over.

2. Waco Texas David Kuresh massacre. I remember I was on a ski trip in Duluth Minnesota, sitting in a hotel room with my parents watching tv in the morning when all that stuff happenned.

3. 911 obviously probably one for everyone. I remember I was in my freshmen year of college, was at Bowlling class at about 8 am, they had the tv's on CNN as they normally did in the morning in the bowling alley and it happenned. Remember walking back from class going back to my dorm, smoking a bowl and watching the tv.

It's strange how you have these certain memories that really stick out above all others. It's not even that they affected you personally that much just particular days or events. With things like these I can remember exactly the temperature, feeling in the air, how the sun was shining, etc. Wierd how certain events really stick out.

Anyhow, the OJ thing just reminded me of and made me think of this. Was wondreing what some stories or incidents that stick out in yoru mind from yyour childhood or years ago.

Messages In This Thread