rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In Afghanistan, A U.S. Special Forces Major's Meteoric Rise And Humiliating Fall

In Afghanistan, A U.S. Special Forces Major's Meteoric Rise And Humiliating Fall

Quote: (03-24-2014 10:32 PM)Btbob Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2014 10:29 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

I agree.

I'll even go one further. My gut feeling is that this guy is trying to rationalize having been relieved of command by trying to come off like some sort of maverick, snake-eating Dick Marcinko.

I say bullshit.

You fuck up in a combat zone and you're on your way back home. Going rogue, thumbing your nose at SOP (standard op procedures), and especially jacking with classified info is not going to cut it.

Maybe he was a good operator at one time. But he lacked discipline. If I were his CO, I would have relieved him also.

Exactly, I'm not saying he didn't do some great shit. But its a community where one fuck up can be your last. Nobody gets special treatment. If you want to be a rockstar join the SEALs, write some books and be in some goddamn movies.

But for God sakes don't win a war, right? The real problem was that he took purposely unactionable objectives and made them actionable, as all true warriors will. He took his job too seriously.

Isn't the takeaway that if you want to be a warrior the last place you want to be is in the US military?

Messages In This Thread