rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Cities in China for Black Guys?

What Cities in China for Black Guys?

I've heard Chinese people make relatively racist comments about Black people. It's more ignorance than any conscious ideological hatred. As much as it annoys me, I can only try to calmly explain that there are good and bad people in any ethnicity and not all Black people are...well, poor, criminals or whatever they think. Most Mainland Chinese seem really to have this blind, immediate and total acceptance of stereotypes without question...because the media and movies are 100% accurate and realistic, not just in regard to Black people but any group.

Since the average Han-Chinese have never met a non-Han-Chinese person in their entire lives, there's often this truly child-like naivite aboute the outside world (to an extent this can be true with the Japanese, too, but at least the Japanese will be classier about it).

Quote: (03-19-2014 01:07 PM)elabayarde Wrote:  

Go to YouTube... Search "do you like black man Japan" or some variation of it. That how u get treated in japan. I actually met that dude btw...

It's called "Do you love Black men?"

I was approached by this guy in Club Pure (Osaka)! He tried to get me to subscribe to his Youtube channel. I didn't take him too seriously, though, as he didn't seem to have his shit together. Maybe I'm wrong though, who knows.

Quote: (03-19-2014 11:42 PM)Osiris Wrote:  

Get ready for people to say "nay-guh" a lot, which depending on the region can sound like "nigga". Confused the shit out of me the first time I heard it. Never quite got used to it.

那个nèige (pronounced "nay-guh", as you said) means "that". It's commonly used as a fill word when you're trying to think of the next word, similar to "like" and "y'know" in American English. People in Mainland China, especially northern parts, use it a lot. There's also 哪个neige, which can mean "which?"

Messages In This Thread