rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile?

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile?

Quote: (12-22-2013 02:28 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

One of my good friends who is the best player I know in person and a couple years older than me told me once:

"Don't bother separating your player life. Don't live two separate lives. Live one, take control of your reality"

I've made the mistake before of trying to separate my game life before. Then I realized.. Your game life becomes who you are. You have to let that happen. You start to internalize that game is part of you. It's not the only thing you are, surely. Separating that player you is futile, let it become who you are.

This is slowly happening for me. I think when first learning game it wasn't congruent, and it was unrefined. I kept my game separate for the same reason I don't show people the first drafts I my writing - I knew it was still shit. As I improve it, I find it easier to combine the two - it's not a new hobby or something I'm learning now, it's who I am.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Messages In This Thread