Roosh V Forum
Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? (/thread-31395.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - The Beast1 - 12-22-2013

Question in the thread subject for discussion. Even have your posts get read by someone you know?

Statement for the individual that is lurking:

You might learn something in all of this "misogyny" that will help keep certain events from occurring again.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Nascimento - 12-22-2013

Yes, but it's only a select few buddies that already know about my lifestyle, so if they were to read through all my posts it would be congruent.

If the average person that knows me found out about this profile and read through my posts, they would probably be shocked at what they don't know about me.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - soup - 12-22-2013

My friends all know I'm living a player's life, but I think it's good to have a place like this where I can say stuff that most of them aren't yet ready for.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - iknowexactly - 12-22-2013

Obligatory paranoid rant: AI Writing style recognition will make writing anonymously online harder and harder. Just like 40 year old DNA can convict a rapist of rape committed before DNA testing existed, writing style recognition will out many, many people here, especially anyone with gubm1nt jobs ( if I replaced the "one" the spelling of government is a flag that would mark my style different from 99% of all other writers on the internet. Se show easy it is?)

The only PR needed is to cite a couple "hate boards" from Islamic countries to justify trolling everything and tracking everyone

Scifi mode off. Everything is cool.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Dusty - 12-22-2013

Quote: (12-22-2013 02:01 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Obligatory paranoid rant: AI Writing style recognition will make writing anonymously online harder and harder. Just like 40 year old DNA can convict a rapist of rape committed before DNA testing existed, writing style recognition will out many, many people here, especially anyone with gubm1nt jobs ( if I replaced the "one" the spelling of government is a flag that would mark my style different from 99% of all other writers on the internet. Se show easy it is?)

Actually, gubm1nt employees have the least to worry about because they are protected by the First Amendment, unlike people who work for private companies.

Most of the Phelps family, the one's who protest funerals and say "God hates fags" work in gubm1nt, and can't be fired for their speech outside of work.

http://www.inquisitr.com/441610/westboro...st-firing/

Quote:Quote:

By now you may be asking, “How the hell do this litigious hate mongers get away with this and even manage to remained employed by the state of Kansas?” The answer is simple and it will probably shock you. The Phelps family and the Westboro Baptist Church are protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - WestIndianArchie - 12-22-2013

redacted

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Cattle Rustler - 12-22-2013

The only PR needed is to cite a couple "hate boards" from Islamic countries to justify trolling everything and tracking everyone

Your choice of replacing the "e" with a "1" just rang off the bells. Analysts know to look for differentials and variations instead of the word itself. Actually, gubm1nt is more suspicious than government.

One of my good friends who is the best player I know in person and a couple years older than me told me once:

"Don't bother separating your player life. Don't live two separate lives. Live one, take control of your reality"

I've made the mistake before of trying to separate my game life before. Then I realized.. Your game life becomes who you are. You have to let that happen. You start to internalize that game is part of you. It's not the only thing you are, surely. Separating that player you is futile, let it become who you are.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - runsonmagic - 12-22-2013

Quote: (12-22-2013 02:28 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

One of my good friends who is the best player I know in person and a couple years older than me told me once:

"Don't bother separating your player life. Don't live two separate lives. Live one, take control of your reality"

I've made the mistake before of trying to separate my game life before. Then I realized.. Your game life becomes who you are. You have to let that happen. You start to internalize that game is part of you. It's not the only thing you are, surely. Separating that player you is futile, let it become who you are.

This is slowly happening for me. I think when first learning game it wasn't congruent, and it was unrefined. I kept my game separate for the same reason I don't show people the first drafts I my writing - I knew it was still shit. As I improve it, I find it easier to combine the two - it's not a new hobby or something I'm learning now, it's who I am.

Quote: (12-22-2013 03:05 PM)runsonmagic Wrote:  

This is slowly happening for me. I think when first learning game it wasn't congruent, and it was unrefined. I kept my game separate for the same reason I don't show people the first drafts I my writing - I knew it was still shit. As I improve it, I find it easier to combine the two - it's not a new hobby or something I'm learning now, it's who I am.

Exactly.

And it's not like you have to hide information about yourself anymore. Rather, be vague about it.

I have a social circle at work with guys and girls my age or a couple years younger, so mostly late teens. Some of the guys know what I'm like having been on nights out with me, and the girls have an idea but they aren't completely sure. They always ask me questions about hooking up with girls and what I do on my nights out, if I'm seeing anyone, if I have a girlfriend etc.

My answer's are always vague. "It's complicated"

I usually turn around the question on them.

I act aloof, and say that on my nights out I just stand against the wall, working up the courage to talk to girls, but I never do. I ask them for tips. They know I'm just playing around and they playfully hit me.

Instead of 'hiding' that lifestyle, I end up internalizing it. Those traits such as being aloof, cocky and funny, vague/intriguing end up becoming part of me instead of things I just do on nights out.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - iknowexactly - 12-22-2013

Quote: (12-22-2013 02:26 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Your choice of replacing the "e" with a "1" just rang off the bells. Analysts know to look for differentials and variations instead of the word itself. Actually, gubm1nt is more suspicious than government.

yes, but my point about future legal use of style recognition to out anon posters is that any atypical spelling--gubmiint or gubm1nt -- is a "signature point" to be used against me in the future court of crime think. "government" is too common to be used as a very good flag.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - txtraveler - 12-23-2013

I wouldn't care if a few of my friends found out. I've told some to come post over here, none of them have.
I post on the misc too, that's the one I REALLY don't want people to see. That one has a more common username, since I signed up when I was not aware about being found on there. I have actually been found on there before and it was very embarrassing.
Now I make sure when I make a username, if someone saw it, they wouldn't think it was me. If someone were to read through my posts, that's a different story. I'll own up to it now, because honestly, what I do on the internet, is none of their business, screw em.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Rocklion2000 - 12-23-2013

I'm new to this site, so can't say that I've had anyone find it. But if they did who cares?

Isn't part of this site getting in touch with your manhood? Not speaking toward the OP, just generally, but the fact is who gives a damn? Get in touch with your inner man. Get in touch with your I don't give a damn. Man up.

Someone asks me about the site I'll tell them damn right I'm on here because I want to improve my life sexually, physically and mentally. Then I'd ask them what the hell they've done lately.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - casio - 12-23-2013

I wanted to change my username because of this tbh as I didn't think I would be posting when I signed up, but it seems it's one of the rules that you can't change it.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - AneroidOcean - 12-23-2013

Quote: (12-22-2013 03:51 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Exactly.

And it's not like you have to hide information about yourself anymore. Rather, be vague about it.

This whole post summed up well what I would say if someone asked me to explain my answer. My answer would be, "less is more" and "loose lips sink ships." Don't deny who you are, but don't give people what they want (which is to try to crucify you for going against the grain or doing what they would consider wrong).

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Icarus - 12-23-2013

No, but I was de-anonymized once.

Back in Summer 2012, during the CS Red Alert hysteria, one of the Brazilian CS chicks whose photo I posted on RVF found my CS profile (containing my real name) and sent me a message whose subject mentioned my RVF username. I was outed! I then did some furious googling and found her work email, and replied directly to her work email, which greatly surprised her. We exchanged a few emails and she was cool. She could have written a negative reference on my CS profile, and did not. She even added me on LinkedIn a few months later...

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - blkgatsby - 12-23-2013

Did you hit it Icarus?

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Icarus - 12-23-2013

Quote: (12-23-2013 06:09 PM)blkgatsby Wrote:  

Did you hit it Icarus?

Not yet. Next time I am in Brazil [Image: banana.gif]

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - ikkyu - 12-23-2013

I'm on the same page as Nascimento. If anything old friends male and female love my new attitude and more than one has said I seem more myself than ever. I don't really think people would be very surprised by most of my posts but it would be embarrassing.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Low Status Beta - 12-23-2013

On another board I used to post on, I would post YouTube uploads. So if people googled my YouTube link, they would stumbled upon my posts.

It kind of bothered me, since I posted alot of silly stuff as a Teen, but like Nascimento said dont Compartmentalize.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - funkyzeit - 12-24-2013

Yes, my friend who is also reading manosphere blogs. I've never ever tell any female in my life about this, let them think my mindset is natural.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Aliblahba - 12-24-2013

I stopped telling my friends about my RVF profile due to some of the brutal negative feedback. Everyone knows I like to drink, fight, and fuck anyways, but there's no need to advertise my online chronicles.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - YoungDominican - 12-29-2013

I'm not sure if anyone I know in real life knows about RVF or my profile, but just in case I stopped writing about my approaches ( Edit : publicly ) because Dominica is a relatively small place and it could probably come back to bite me.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - Kickb - 12-29-2013

Im pretty sure the office manager knows about this place. When I was first hired I would browse this place on my work computer. One day i tried to visit and it was blocked.

Ever have someone you know discover your RVF profile? - NovaVirtu - 12-29-2013

Quote: (12-29-2013 11:16 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Im pretty sure the office manager knows about this place. When I was first hired I would browse this place on my work computer. One day i tried to visit and it was blocked.

They just blocked it at my office too. I was surprised and went to the IT director to say I "clicked a link my friend sent" by accident to do damage control.

The fact that we even feel paranoid about this is ridiculous. It's just locker room talk for the most part. We're not doing anything to be ashamed of.