rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trouble making male friends

Trouble making male friends

Another thought: Shared interests and values only make for acquaintances or casual activity buddies. Necessary, but not sufficient. It's facing adversity together that creates the bonds of a close friendship. Trust is built as you both indirectly demonstrate ability and reliability when things get tough. Mutual respect is shared as you both overcome the adversity together. The memories created distinguish both of you to each other.

Also helpful is facing a common enemy. That's just human nature. Humans bond by ostracizing other individuals. Refer to sports teams, police departments, and military forces. You'll find some of the strongest male relationships in those organizations and each one has a common enemy.

And I'll make a note of selfishness again. I've lost a friend that way (and it was most definitely my fault), so this isn't a righteous sermon. If you know you have selfish tendencies, make it a point to work on being more generous with your male friends. If you don't, you don't deserve close male friends. It's important that both parties derive value from the relationship. It's not a perfectly balanced ledger, but if you're leeching heavily, sooner or later he'll wise up to it and dump your ass (as he should).

Messages In This Thread