rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For those who have given up binge drinking

For those who have given up binge drinking

Quote: (11-17-2013 03:48 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

The quickest and easiest way to wean yourself off of alcohol is dedicate yourself to lifting or any intense exercise.

Once you start craving the endorphins you get from exercise, you will cease to crave alcohol. The two don't mix. Go do some heavy lifting and try to drink heavily that night. You'll get shitfaced off of a few drinks. I'm heavily buzzed after 2.

Your body will crave endorphins so much that you won't WANT to drink as much. If I work out the next day, I won't have more than a drink or two the night before, and usually none. I feel the difference too much. The day before a workout I'm pounding milk, chicken, whey, and green juice, looking forward to that moment where I blast through a PR.

The feeling you get from heavy deadlifts>being drunk

This is an inspirational post, dude. I've been using alcohol as a crutch to sleep for years now, but notice that after a long day of hunting or hiking out in the woods, or similar strenuous activity, I'm completely exhausted anyways. And on those nights, I don't need a drink. The natural excitement and exercise are sufficient to make me sleep soundly.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Messages In This Thread