rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deployment Game

Deployment Game

Quote: (10-14-2013 05:18 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2013 08:09 PM)choichoi Wrote:  

Things I want to do:
-get a car 2k-5k price range
-invest in forex
-pay off 11k in credit card debt
-start paying off 30k in student loan debt

Buy the cheapest car you can get with the lowest miles that is reliable. A simple STOCK Honda Civic or something similar will get you around, get you great gas mileage, and will be cheap to fix if it breaks down.

There are MANY great guides that lay out how to best get out of debt. Here's a link to one (and mint is free and lets you do much of the budgeting in a very simple way). One of the most important parts is understanding all the aspects of your debt so that you can pay off the debt that hurts you the most first (higher interest, already sent to collections, etc...). Remember that if you are already in collections you can try to negotiate your debt down to fractions of what it originally was:

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Out-of-Debt

While you are deployed in the military you will basically have one of the cheapest times in your life when it comes to recurring costs. You need to train yourself to budget really effectively and understand assets and liabilities.

Remember. You can't solve a money problem with money. That just delays the resolution of the true problem, money management. I heard this from a very wealthy man and it's so damn true.

Good stuff, preciate the link. As tempting as it is to get a bad ride as something to reward myself with, I know better than that. I'm fine with a cheap but presentable ride.

Messages In This Thread