rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For Guys in their 40s and 50s

For Guys in their 40s and 50s

Quote: (09-28-2013 01:29 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Either you have to be really sharp so you can save six figures, or figure out some cush thing like owning a hotel so you're not subject to some aging Strong Independent Woman boss.

@ IKE : I agree with everything you said, and I would have liked to have made a lot of the same points that you made.

Nonetheless, I think you underestimated an amount that needs to be saved in order to have some freedom - or maybe it is just me, but I would think that about $500k of savings should be the minimum goal, and that is not going to give anyone any luxury life, but at least about a $2k a month of supplemental income.

Regarding other aspects of deterioration with age, yes I am in my early 40s and I have noticed that I do not have the energy that I had even 10 years ago... same with libido.. though I work out on nearly a daily basis - which I did not need to work out as frequently 10 years ago in order to maintain my strength. For example, I could stay nearly as strong with working out once or twice a week. We lose our muscle as we age.

BTW, some of the comments in this thread suggests that we are completely in control of our health and our current status (and/or responsible for such), which may or may not be true. I don't have a problem with accepting self-responsibility and striving towards self-improvement, but sometimes mistakes can be made or accidents can happen or someone else or other circumstances can cause problems for a guy and sometimes, one may not realize the depth of the shit he is in... and in any event, that guy in peril may have difficulties getting out of his circumstances... also a guy may be ugly or genetically handicapped... Accordingly, that handicapped guy may need more game and/or strategy to succeed as compared to someone who has been more genetically gifted (or even gifted with social or economic capital).

Messages In This Thread