rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Religious people are more red pill than atheists"

"Religious people are more red pill than atheists"

Quote: (09-23-2013 02:36 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (09-23-2013 05:13 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

Theist belief systems include the belief: 'A personal deity exists.'
Atheist belief systems lack that belief. That is it.

Disbelief is a belief. Try again.

The only correct answer is "I don't know," which isn't a belief but the inability to believe.

@Samseau

Why don't you reply to the following?

Quote: (09-23-2013 05:23 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

But let's say we just can't say whether or not a god exists (for the sake of argument).

First problem, we also don't know what his demands are. Which texts are his word? What rules should we follow?
How can we discriminate between the actual wisdom of the galactic boss, and texts written by angry sand men?
This seems to be a problem to many people. God doesn't visit here that regularly.
For some strange reason he prefers communicating with us by making statues cry red liquid.

Second problem, he sounds like a mean person I would not respect. But listen to him, or else...
Being red pill, should I go to church out of fear?

Lastly, why would he care, and write prescriptive texts?
He's an almighty king of kings, why is he emotionally affected by what we eat?
Why does he have such strong opinions about what those puny humans do on that puny planet?
Especially when it concerns their naughty parts?

Don't these sound like human concerns, written down to codify community-stabilizing rules in uncertain times?

P.S. Is not believing in unicorns a belief? And not believing in Santa Claus is also a belief?

Do you it's more correct to say you don't know whether or not unicorns and Santa Clause exist?

Messages In This Thread