rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Donating to charity/feeling good about yourself

Donating to charity/feeling good about yourself

Quote: (09-18-2013 08:30 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

ok so more luck is getting worse
in past 4 days vancouver turned out to be nothing but dense fog, bus ride from vancouver to seattle ended up being 7 hours. Missed flight back from seattle and spent whole day flying around U.S to get home and today I almost got fired at work. This is not counting me totaling my car, getting locked out of house, etc past 2 weeks. I am closing that bank account tomorrow.

I need some serious good karma suggestions. Looking to use $500 that will bring the most good

My good Karma suggestion is to stop cursing yourself and change your outlook. People who say things like "well it'll be just my luck that something will go wrong" etc. tend to be the people that it all goes wrong for.

Try this parable.

Quote:Quote:

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically. "May be," the farmer replied. The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed. "May be," replied the old man. The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "May be," answered the farmer. The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "May be," said the farmer.

Then donate to a Buddhist monastery that is local to you, as thanks that they come up with great stories like the above and get a blessing in return to really stamp out your bad luck/karma.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread