rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why are Americans circumcised?

Why are Americans circumcised?

Quote: (05-21-2013 12:16 AM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2013 12:09 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Quote: (05-21-2013 12:06 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2013 11:09 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Juat wondering what the reason for this is? Apparently most Americans are circumcised. Seems a bit of a strange thing to do considering the foreskin is there for a reason (thanks to evolution).

It always seems a bit backward to have a totally pointless operation carried out on babies (particularly since it can occasionally be deadly).

Anyway - just curious as to how this came about? Here in the UK it is only carried out for religious reasons. So - I am interested in how it became a cultural norm in America?

It is becoming less common in the US but is still the general rule for white protestants. I think it became a common practice due to its dubious medical benefits and then carried on for no good reason. A barbaric custom.

No confirmation on my jew doctor theory?

Don't know enough about circumcision and am too lazy to do research to figure it out.

Yeah, I am curious to know how the practice started in America and Canada especially when Europeans are uncut and both of these countries were settled by Europeans and their descendants.

It seems to have been a blip in US history. Only really started up in the early 20th century, peaked in the 60s and 70s and is now quickly becoming less common. http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/ind...&Itemid=52

Messages In This Thread