rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Indian UFC ! Cringeworthy & pathetic

Indian UFC ! Cringeworthy & pathetic

Quote: (04-09-2013 01:25 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Do most ditch traditional vegetarian diets when they move to the UK or Canada? I'm confused about that argument of diet & nutrition as there are many other places where children and young people do not get enough food and still manage to perform at sport. I ask if there is a deep cultural reason to this aside from the preference/dominance towards cricket.

Yes, they do ditch the vegetarian diet, unless the family is religious. Some people in India are only vegetarian because they can't afford meat. Once they move to the west they eat it. I know first cousins where one set is raised in India, and one set is raised in the US. The American ones are 3-4 inches taller.

Quote: (04-09-2013 01:25 AM)kosko Wrote:  

More times ten not what happens if a person can excel at sport they are swooped up and sent to Europe to school and train. Does this culture exist in India ?

No, because the biggest sport in India is cricket. All top cricket players stay in India. You don't get scouts from any other major sports such as soccer visiting India.

I'm not from India, but I am very familiar with Indian stuff.

There's not a big Indian sporting culture except for cricket. Poor families want their kids to get a job and earn money. Rich families want their kids to become doctors, engineers etc. Sport is way behind in their priorities.

Some guys from my company from India told me that a lot of people there are starting to get into soccer, but cricket is still no.1.

Messages In This Thread