rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Surfing

Surfing

Quote: (01-14-2011 12:52 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

At that rate it took me close 9 solid months until I was accepted as a "surfer" and started getting asked to go on surf trips to Mexico. However, the current joke is that I'm the worst surfer anybody knows, but they still count me as a surfer. It may take 15 years of practice to get as good as the groms you see ripping out there.

Where do you think 2 hours a day for 3 months would get me? I'm considering a summer somewhere just to surf.

First timers usually get up in a few hours. If you can surf, and actually land sets, for 2 hours a day you'll get really good within a few weeks, unless you're fat or clumsy.

Usually the first thing folks do is just get comfortable riding. Don't do that. Get a small, sharp board and start cutting your first day out. Worry about the rides later when you know how to control your board. You got a good time frame so start as hard as possible.

Get started now on your flexibility and arms/shoulders. Run hills. Start reading about how to surf. Know something and be confident with your physicals before you even get in the water. You're gonna look like a jackass the first few times. Minimize that time and girls start noticing your cutback before your three months runs out.

I gotta wonder where you're gonna find two hours of waves a day for three months straight in the summertime?

Here's a good video. I've been dealing with stuff like this since the beginning of November:

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread