rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russia's Race Riots

Russia's Race Riots

Quote: (12-15-2010 09:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Whoremonger, it seems like you frequently try to downplay the racist attitudes and behavior of Russians. I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that under the surface, you sympathize with them.

Now that they were awarded the World Cup, we're going to see more and more of these stories brought to light.

I dont downplay them, I accept them and I also TRY to understand them, even though I may not agree with it. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand? You have nothing but contempt for their intolerance, but at the same time are intolerant yourself. Its hypocritical. I find it ridculously arrogant of people to assume that western liberal thinking is the standard to which everyone should be held accountible. We may not agree with the Chinese view on freedom of speech, but they are a culture that has developed over thousands of years and they have over 1 billion people who live there. We may not agree with the approach the Russians take, but this is a region where people have been at war or enslaved for the last 1000 years. They dont get to view things through the rose tinted glasses you do, nor are they going to view things the way you do either. Who is to say you are right and they are wrong? Its ideological philosophy, nothing more.

I say this again, its not race alone thats driving this. You have people pouring across their borders that are not only taking jobs, but they are responsible for a crime wave. Mafia level crime is different in that its high level, and believe it or not those thugs bring safety to the streets too in a country where cops are in short supply. The anti immigrant stance that has come has come for that reason. Jobs being taken and violent petty crime increases that the government seems to be doing little about it. Russians are not going to sit back and take it up the arse while immigrants run amok, they are going to kick heads in. Now you may not like that or agree with it, but I understand and accept that its the way it is and that is how they are going to deal with it. One needs to ask exactly why the fuck they should even be expected to bend over backwards for minorities or illegal immigrants too. Why should their women live in fear and why should their kids go hungry in their own backyards?

I do sympathise with the Russians. I also sympathise with the Germans and Austrians who are having many of the same problems. I sympathise with the southern states in the USA where mexican immigration has caused its share of problems. I also sympathise with the immigrant, the vast majority who are only looking for a better life and a fair crack. 99% of them would be good people unfortunate enough to be born inthe wrong place. I dont agree with the approach either are taking or the way the locals are responding, but I am not about to condemn an entire country and people for the violent actions of a few either. Ill say it again, Russia educated African leaders and it funded the majority of the liberation movements in Africa too.

Messages In This Thread