rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

KIEV Trip report - confusing top shelf FSU babes

KIEV Trip report - confusing top shelf FSU babes

Quote: (09-27-2012 05:50 PM)Wolverine Wrote:  

They view the U.S, Canada and Australia as being too far from their family and the mentality in these countries too detached from their own. They see white Europeans as sophisticated.

You make it sound like Ukrainians girls much prefer Western Europeans over Americans. This is the first I've heard this. Would be nice if you could explain your theory in more detail. Before you do, consider this.

America produces a lot of things Ukrainians use and consume -- computers, movies, McDonalds is big here [Image: sad.gif]. In America/Canada/Oz we speak English. English proficiency is comparatively low in Kharkiv, but still English is the most popular foreign language here.

I've met some girls and guys in Kharkiv with real exposure to America. That is, they've personally visited America or they have some relative or friend living there. These people in Kharkiv speak glowingly about America.

I agree they also have a very favorable opinion of Western/Northern Europe. But I didn't think that Ukrainians thought so much better of Western Europe than America.

As an American in Kharkiv, I don't get Rockstar treatment like I did in Peru ten years ago, but I get VIP treatment. Sounds like Alex is getting also getting VIP treatment, not Rockstar. When I say Rockstar, I mean getting action like Adam Sandler's character got in the movie Funny People.

Quote: (09-27-2012 10:21 PM)timmy21 Wrote:  

A univeristy I am closely associated with in my city, there are two very popular languages that many girls are just flocking to, and those two languages are Chinese and Turkish, these languages are very popular, and the girls who are studying these languages esp. Turkish are very very attractive and many of these girls spend their summer in Turkey and China; again, where I'm sitting, I just dont see this high regard for N/W euro, and i ve never see it since i ve been here, and it's not all that difficult for these girls to travel to N/W euro, through their univeristy, they do it all the time, big deal.

Yeah, I'm sure a subset of girls in Kharkiv have a thing for Turkish guys, but generally speaking, a majority of girls here don't. Everything else equal, a non-Turkish foreigner is going to do better than a Turkish guy.

I met a girl who was learning Chineese here in Kharkiv. I got the impression she was doing it mainly for work opportunties. I get the impression girls here would love to go to America or Western Europe but they feel like it's unrealistic to get a job there. They understand that getting a visa is very difficult.

Messages In This Thread