rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to optimise a family business for e-commerce?

How to optimise a family business for e-commerce?

I also make products that ship around the world so I can relate to your question. I'd find a way to communicate your unique knowledge of the industry, as Greybeard suggests. Articles, blog posts, guest articles on industry magazines (online especially, as well as print), Youtube videos. I find a lot of good interest and credentialing via sharing info and tips through Youtube videos.

I find paying for advertising to be a waste of time. Most of my customers are also referrals, but it's nice to have new customers or even referrals know they can see me talk about the subject intelligently to get a feel of who I am and what I know.

I'd recommend you look into the ideas and videos of Gary Vaynerchuk. He's pretty famous in the marketing world (family wine business) and no-nonsense. He's now got a marketing company called Vayner Media IIRC. His 'Jab Jab Jab Right Hook' concept of providing info and value then making an ask for them to buy works.

EDIT: a few specific ideas I can think of:

1. Find someone with a following of people who seem to have money to afford the product and get that influencer to show off / model the product on their Instagram / YT channel. Perhaps there are some simple designs your dad can make or does make that could be signature pieces. High volume, low cost, good profit margin.

2. Find a model(s) and put together videos of some products for sale. Find interesting backgrounds. Maybe tell a story around the product that's unique, how it was inspired, perhaps a short story if you want to get fancy - sell a story as your audience is predominantly women I believe. Make them feel like the star and they'll want that jewelry to create a certain look.

3. Connect with stylists to make wardrobe recommendations. See if people who sell clothing lines would be interested in carrying some of your products as high-end accessories.

Messages In This Thread