rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ethereum (ETH) thread

The Ethereum (ETH) thread

Quote: (04-25-2018 02:49 AM)Giacomo Casanova Wrote:  

@Genghis Khan: many thanks for the long answer, much appreciated! I agree with you that this is only the beginning, probably in the future there won't even be a need to open your wallet and send money by yourself but it will be executed automatically within the dapp. And great example for Plasma, it looks like the ETH version of Lightening Network and it could be a good solution for the dapps. In that case the only issue may be the prevention of the spam attacks in the blockchain.
About the global reserves of the countries, I wouldn't be that positive at least on the medium term although...

Yeah I'm really not sure what'll happen medium or long-term with the USD as the global reserve currency. Will it stay the reserve currency? Will countries go back on the gold standard? I honestly don't know.

It'll be interesting to watch. The uncertainty on my part is also why I'm excited about projects like Digix. Not that Digix is the only way to buy gold, but damn if they don't make it really easy to convert from ETH to gold.

There's also something interesting in the case of one blockchain platform becoming the winner-takes-all. Assuming blockchain takes off and it runs e.g. on ETH, and everyone is directly or indirectly buying/selling ETH, it may unofficially become a global reserve type currency.

But we'll see. This is of course all speculation on my part. And I might add, a very amateur speculation.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Messages In This Thread