rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Quote: (04-12-2018 02:47 PM)Rocha Wrote:  

^ I am quite sure Andrew Tate knows how to throw an elbow or a knee.

There is no need to train years in Muay Thai to throw a deadly elbow. And deadly they are indeed.

Even though you are on my ignore list. I will reply to this.

Elbows in American and Dutch Kickboxing are not the same as in Muay Thai.

There are 5 types of elbow strikes in Muay Thai, give or take. All thrown in different variations aside from the direction (all 4 cardinal directions plus center = 5, even though there are diagonal ones)

Andrew is an American style Kickboxer, not a Muay Thai guy.

There is a very different and distinct set of rules between the two styles. To a casual observer it looks the same. It's not the same thing. Not all styles of kickboxing allow the same elbow strikes, nor are all those elbow strikes taught.

Clinch work is unique to MT as opposed to kickboxing. the hand grips, which serve as a dual purpose nerve pinch choke on the neck, with the palm on palm grip, to how the knees are given when a clinch is had. Knees are given to the ribs (in particular spots that just so happen to be powerful pressure points), butterfly knees, knees to the chin, and the famous knee to the body + elbow to the temple on the head/face is unique to Muay Thai. This is not a combo for American style kickboxing or Dutch.

That clinch attack would knock out cold or stun most people on earth. Hence the deadly and efficient reputation of MT.

Regular kickboxing does not have this. Using it would mean that the event you are doing it in, has made it legal for whatever reason, but most of the times that is not legal in non-Muay Thai events. Unless you train this way, does not mean you can use it anyway.

Up and down elbows to the head are illegal in UFC for this very reason.

Elbow strikes are insanely strong in self defense and the artform that holds a monopoly on them would, no doubt, have the strongest versions of such. The bone density of the elbow compared to the rest of the body is not up for debate.

To suggest different would show your inexperience with MT and self defense in general.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread