rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Invited a girl over for dinner only problem I don't know what to make...

Invited a girl over for dinner only problem I don't know what to make...

Sorry to hear to lost the Bang man, but back to your original question.

There is all sorts of recipes posted by others here that you can always fall back on, and even on the net just look up something you have always wanted to make, most times the first 3 options that pop up are solid.

That being said I think many people have mentioned here before the importance of being able to cook. I'm by no means a professional, but compared to my friends and people my age I might as well be Julia Roberts. I eat, a-lot and I cook all the time. And I'm picky as hell. I blame it on my mother; (bless her Dutch heart) who was one of the best cooks I have still to ever meet.

I've made food for a few girls and whenever my LTR comes over I make us both food. Girls can hardly cook for shit nowadays and being able to cook better than them shows your higher value.

If you have a slow cooker here is a fool proof recipe since it takes 10 minutes of prep and 10 more to complete; and you can plan it out beforehand.

Northern Wastes Nacho/Taco Recipe

What you will need:
Salsa from the Store. I usually get Medium, chunky doesn't have enough liquid. I use the Pace brand
Spices
Tortillas or Tortilla Chips
Kirkland Frozen Chicken Breast from Costco
Refried Beans
Assorted Veggies
Shredded Cheese if you don’t have a cheese grater
Sour Cream

Take the chicken breast (2-3) and put them in cold water to thaw out a bit. You can just throw them in completely frozen but I find letting them defrost a bit helps get them out of the bag.

Set the Crock pot to high

Pour 1 cup salsa into the slow cooker and throw in the chicken

Add your spices
1 Tsp Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

I like to peel an onion and throw a few layers of onions in there too. 4-5 big pieces.

Stir it up and make sure the spices mix and the chicken gets covered by the salsa.

If you have them put a few bay leaves on top for flavor but make sure you don't eat them. If you bought them in the store they shouldn't be dangerous to eat but they break up and you can get mouthfuls. Just take them out.

Let it cook. 8-10 hours on high 10-12 on low.

I like to either set it right before I go to bed around 10ish or in the morning as I am leaving for work.

Come back after the time has elapsed and you now have some dank ass chicken.

Take two forks and shred it, there should be lots of juice. Give it a taste, seriously this stuff tastes like crack.

If you're serving it now leave it in the pot otherwise put it in a container and put it in the fridge.

Now that you have a meat out of the way the rest of it is a breeze.

Get your beans and put them on the stove. Remember to recycle that shit while you're at it. Bitches love the environment.

Heat up your tortillas. If you can't do it on the stove microwave will work.
If you’re making Nachos put your cheese on it and microwave that. I like well melted cheese and put it in for 1 minute but that's up to you.

Have her cut up the veggies.
I like
Diced Lettuce
Diced Tomato
Diced Onion
Avocado (Bitches Love Avocados)
Diced Jalapenos if you like spice

If you’re making Nachos put the beans and chicken on top of the Nachos and then add your veggies. Use the same salsa as a side with the sour cream.

If you’re making tacos put the beans on one side of the taco and the sour cream on the other. Put the chicken in the middle and then top if off with your veggies and cheese.

Bam.

This shit tastes bomb as hell.

I personally do my best to stay away from dairy and don’t use sour cream or cheese but it hasn’t altered the overall flavor for me.

The great thing about this recipe is that it is the exact same for pork or beef.

You will probably have leftover chicken which you can just eat for yourself later.

Granted this recipe is reliant on having a slow cooker but if you don’t you can cut the chicken up and cook it a pan and add the spices to it.

Hope next time works out for you man.

Messages In This Thread