rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Deconstructing Elon Musk

Yeah, this discussion deserves its own thread.

Quote: (11-18-2017 03:18 PM)Repo Wrote:  

911, there are quite a few strawmans in that post. To my understanding, the official explanation is not that oil cannot be abiotic, but oil generated from abiotic processes is too rare and hard to reach efficiently, and isn't generated quick enough. The existence of oil on Titan doesn't actually go against any official explanation, so it is mute.

Also the idea of where fossils are found is mute, as the official explanation is the vast majority of oil was generated from the millions and millions of years that trees and other vegetation existed before bacteria evolved that could break it down. So you had millions of years of dead buildup. So "Fossil" fuel is I credibly misleading, as even the man in the video acknowledges, but then he contradicts himself by talking about where fossils are found.

Anyway, I find this theory that there is plentiful abiotic oil hard to believe, because if it were true and it could be found anywhere deep enough, then there would be little reason for any country to buy it from another country. The only reason that makes sense is it actually is really costly to get to, so there is a limit on the amount of easily accessible oil. Nobody is denying that oil can be generated from abiotic processes. But good luck getting hundreds of miles below the surface and drilling in extreme temperatures.

**edit**

This discussion probably belongs in its own thread, I won't respond anymore here

Just a quick quibble here: on the surface, about the bolded part , the idea that vegetation, which emerged about 400 millions years ago, could evolve faster than bacteria. That idea doesn't sound very plausible.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Messages In This Thread