rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Star Trek Discovery ticks all the Social Justice boxes

Star Trek Discovery ticks all the Social Justice boxes

Quote: (10-27-2017 01:34 AM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2017 12:13 AM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

Quote: (10-23-2017 05:18 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

I think I remember that episode, was it the one with the rifle that teleported its bullets?

Come to think of it spokepoker, I think you are right. Good episode.

The problem with the reboot, is that there is no philosophy in it anymore. That has all been replaced with the new virtue of Social Justice. I watched from TNG right through to Enterprise. DS9 was far & away my favourite series. I'm not a huge scifi buff, I'm an ideas buff & ST used to be full of them. Each & every episode there was a fundamental human principle to be discussed & learnt from, & setting it in space gave Roddenberry & the writers a universe with which to attack these philosophical questions from all sides.

That is all gone now. Just more of the same you-go-girl/gay rubbish & NO SOUL.

To take the above further and make a prediction...

I guarantee you this series will be the nail in the coffin for Star Trek, at least until after the Hypocalypse.

The only reason it has sustained itself thus far is because of what I referred to above, the philosophy. This theory is borne out by the fact that, the Original Series with Kirk fucking his way thru space, was a dead end & it was the introduction of philosophy to The Next Generation, & those series to follow, that gave Star Trek the hallowed name in Pop Culture history that it rightfully deserves.

I am going to take my anger for everyone responsible for this new hot mess & channel it into curing my flagellant, blue pill housemate by shame into freedom.

I think you just can't get this kind of show anymore where they pick some philosophical/sci fi premise to explore for a standalone episode. It was a product of 90s era television: namely TNG Star Trek, Babylon 5, or even that remake of The Outer Limits that had naked tits in half the episodes for some reason.

Modern TV series seem to have to be massive arcing dramas like Game of Thrones where they rely on hooking the audience with wanting to see where the story goes instead of individual episodes standing on their own merit. Now you get episodes where they dole out juuust a little bit of story advancement to keep you watching, sort of like a soap opera.

Messages In This Thread